Text    Map    Google Map

    The village is from the year 1976 a part of the city Liptovský Mikuláš. It was inhabited already in the Late Stone Age (Neolith and Eneolith) and in the Early Bronze Age. The village arose in the district that became independent from Vrbica village in 1272. The first written reference about the village is from the year 1299. It was named according to its first owner (Damián). Later it belonged to the Demänovská branch of the Kubínyiovci family and to other yeomen families.
    The locals worked mainly as sheep keepers, woodcutters and sellers of wooden tools. Iron ore was mined in the Demänovská Valley in the 17-th and 18-th century. By the end of the 19-th and at the beginning of the 20-th century quite many people worked in tanneries in Palúdzka and in Liptovský Mikuláš.
    The suburb of Demänová, Demänovská Dolina (Demänovská Valley), became an independent village in 1964. It is situated in the area of the Low Tatras National Park (NAPANT).

NOTE: Administrative part of the town Liptovský Mikuláš.



Spiš | Gemer | Liptov | Horehronie | Slovak Paradise | High Tatras | Low Tatras | Belianske Tatras
Pieniny | Spiš Castle | St. James’s Church | castle of Stará Ľubovňa | Krásna Hôrka | AquaCity | Bešeňová | Tatralandia | Vrbov | Vyšné Ružbachy